Learners hand in assignments and write a series of tests in the first and third terms.
An exam will take place in June and November. Examination timetables, which contain the scope of works to be examined, will be given to the Gr. 4 – 7 pupils with sufficient notice.
Continuous assessment ensures good quality teaching and monitoring progress. Reports are issued at the end of each term and then parents have the opportunity to discuss learners’ progress with teachers.
Badges are awarded to the top 10 academic achievers in each grade every quarter encouraging learners to excel in the academic field.
Individual assistance and attention are given to learners as far as possible and learners who require support are referred to the school’s learner support team.
Gr. 4 – 6 students receive teaching in 6 subjects, namely:
- English Home Language
- Afrikaans First Additional Language
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences (History and Geography)
- Life Skills (Physical Education: Personal and Social Welfare and Creative Arts)
Gr 7 learners have two additional subjects, namely:
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Art and Culture
The school has a well-equipped computer center where everyone gets the opportunity to learn computer literacy.
What can parents do to support their children?
- Go through homework.
- Get involved at the school.
- Make sure you see and sign your child’s tests.
- Speak to him / her about their responsibility for self-discipline.